Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What are you discovering so far?

So far I've learned a lot, I've learned how water affects the surfers and how many different kinds of diseases or infections they can get. I've learned that the infections happen quite frequently and that if we don't do something now, the water's going to become worse making it impossible to get into the water and it will also lower the amount of money that San Diego gets because it will lower tourist rates. I've learned a lot about how to avoid getting these infections and I've learned what we as people can do to help the ocean.




What surprises you about this project?

Not a lot surprised me while researching my project, except for how severe some of the infections got. I didn't think that because of contaminated water you could get things such as Hepatitis or liver infections.

Recycling Tips

What are your next steps to have a cool product and a great piece of writing?

I'm going to interview some people at the Break room in pacific beach on Thursday and I'm going to both interview people from Surfrider and film them while filming the part where I'm talking/my written part. By Saturday I'll be done filming and by two weeks I will have all the editing done. So I plan on writing a really good script and having people check over it, I also did a lot of background research, so I hope that it will be enough to get some good questions for the interviewees and for the script.

No comments: