Thursday, November 6, 2008

Water, Questions and Elections

How are local San Diego surfers affected by contaminated ocean water?

Resources I need are: bacteria results from Pacific Beach, I'm going to need to contact Surfrider, Coastkeeper and several other surfers in the San Diego area. I'm also going to need a camera, a tripod and a way to get to every location.

I'm going to need to interview:
Donna Frye, Skip Frye, people in the Breakroom Surfshop, People in the Tourmaline parking lot, people from Surfrider, Pierre Rivet, and several doctors in the Urgent Care located in Pacific Beach.

Thursday: Put finishing touches on questions for both surfers and for doctors.
Friday: Ask Randy for help on making the questions good enough for actual interview
Weekend: Put together a list of things to do for the following week and the following interviews.
Monday - Friday: Conduct interviews with the people listed above.

On November 4th the next President of the United States was decided the American people. Here are my thoughts:
Well before election day came I had decided that I was a supporter for Barack Obama, simply because I believe that he can take care of major concerns today. I believe that he had a better plan for the economy and that he was really in it for the middle class. I thought that if McCain was elected, he would give major tax breaks to big oil companies and already rich CEO's. Obama spoke about giving tax breaks to the middle class and giving them their money's worth, giving the middle class health care, education and giving them an affordable America. I was a little surprised when Obama won because I looked at the screen one minute and it said that he still needed about 30 or 40 votes to get the 270, the next minute, he was over by about 20. I didn't think that he had already won until I saw people celebrating in Rockefeller Center on CNN. I was quite sad when I saw McCain take the stage in Phoenix because right then you could tell that he really wanted to become President, you could tell the tears in his eyes and you could hear the crack in his voice. Overall I was pretty happy about the result of the Presidential Election.

In the next couple of years I hope to see more job opportunities here in the United States and I hope that the American Dream will still be alive. I hope that every young person in America can strive to be a college graduate, not just a clerk at the local supermarket making ends meat. I hope that no matter what skin tone you have, no matter how much money you have and no matter how old you are, you will strive to become a better person. I hope that in the next couple of years we will have a better education system and we will have a good, healthy, working economy.

I have no concerns yet, but I'm going to be keeping a close eye on the economy and how it's going to improve.









and Yes, i realize, it's spelled Humanites.

No comments: