Sunday, May 2, 2010

Food Inc.

This movie really helped open my eyes to how the food industry is handled and what are the inner workings of it. Immediately I learned that there are only about four major companies that deal with all of our food. I knew that a lot of our food had corn in it but I did not realize that most of it had something to do with corn. After watching the movie, I realized that both cows and humans are being fed corn to gain weight at a staggering pace. This film has definitely given me a new perspective on food and how to go about picking what to eat.
It was really hard to watch what the animals had to go through in the factories. They weren't treated as if they were alive, they were treated as if they were an object with absolutely no feelings. The difference between the animals raised on the farm and the animals that were butchered in the factories is huge. It looked as though the animals on the farm had respect while they were alive, they had a happy little life. The animals in the factories weren't even treated as if they were animals.
I enjoyed how much politics there were in this movie as well. I enjoyed learning about Kevin's Law and what's being done to help prevent things like salmonella and e.coli.
Overall, I enjoyed this movie thoroughly and think we should watch it again!

No comments: